Saturday, February 5, 2011

Budget isnt a bad word part 1

When my husband and I first got married, we decided then I would take care of paying the bills and dealing with the finances. I had paid small bills like insurance and a phone bill, but never budgeting for 2 people and lots more bills.

I tried for several years to come up with a budget that worked for us, and have failed many many times. Last year I took the Financial Peace University Class offered at our church. After starting with that Our finances have drastically changed.

Before the class we did not currently have very much of an emergency fund, we had nothing for car repairs or even a clothing budget. All of that changed when I did a budget based on what Dave Ramsey recommends.

Next week I will discuss more in depth why having a budget will help and how we budgeted.

No comments: