Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Works for me Wednesday: 19 Uses for Flour tortillas


For years I have been getting my tortillas from Sams Club, yes that's right Sams Club. My Family really enjoys many things that you need tortillas for and I need a way to get them without paying so much for them.

I went to Sams Club one day I believe getting milk (at the time the cheapest place) and I walked by the tortillas and I saw the price and thought why am I paying for more?

So I picked up a package which is really 3 packages together in another plastic bag. Can you believe I can get 3- 8 inch, 12 tortillas packages for $3.06 every day not on sale. Then I began finding things to do with Flour Tortillas. There are so many fun things to do with tortillas! Let the fun begin here are 19 tasty options to use up your tortillas Yum!!!
  1. Burritos
  2. Soft Tacos
  3. Enchiladas
  4. Pinwheels ( cream cheese, sandwich meat, seasonings, tortillas rolled up refrigerated then cut.)
  5. Cheese Tortilla Pizza (speghetti sauce, cheese)
  6. BBQ Tortilla Pizza (bbq sauce, cooked chicken, cheese, red onion and jalapenos)
  7. Loaded Tortilla Mexican Pizza (beans, cheese, hot sauce or salsa, bacon bits)
  8. Tortilla and Bologna Roll ups (we like to fry the tortillas on a skillet with butter then assemble with bologna, cheese is good in there too!)
  9. Cheese Quesadillas
  10. Meat Quessadillas
  11. Dessert Tortilla (honey and butter warmed up on warm tortilla)
  12. Lunch meat wrap
  13. Chicken tender wrap
  14. Hamburger wrap
  15. Breakfast burrito (sausage, potato, green chili and cheese)
  16. Breakfast Burrito (eggs, sausage, cheese) or any meat and add potato if you would like
  17. Make chips!! (I am going to try this and post the recipe and results soon!)
  18. Fajitas (steak, chicken, pork, shrimp... yum)
  19. Fish tacos (grilled well seasoned fish, cabbage, mango salsa)
The list could go on and on! Enjoy your tortillas, and if you bought some and need them to last more than 5 days put them in the fridge they will last up to 60 days in there!

No comments: